Sunday, April 15, 2012

Notes from: April 15, 2012:

I'm feeling worried about Sharon's surgery in the morning.  She will be under a general anesthetic.  I'm really not sure I'd be trusting the blood here.  Even Dr. Philip seemed concerned about getting 'good' blood.  Tonight she is checked into the children's ward at the Jinja Hospital and has surgery booked for the morning.  If you happen to think of her you might say a prayer for the whole procedure.  It's a little unsettling being the one who has been keeping track of her health records and the testing we've done.  I've been carrying around her xrays, ultrasound results, and blood work wondering why she doesn't have a file or chart or something.  I felt a little better when the anesthesiologist asked to see the tests while he walked Sharon to the hospital this evening.  Sharon has worn the same dress that doesn't quite fit her everyday this week.  She comes across on a boat everyday and has nothing except the look of fear and quiet obedience.  When she greets me or the doctor she goes down on her knees as a sign of respect.  May God be with Dr. Philip as he works on Sharon's tumor tomorrow.

A host of things happened today that I don't have time to write about just now.  It was one of those days that was so full it was like pricking a piece of fruit bursting with juice.  I've drank deep from life's cup today.

2 comments:

  1. oh Glenn! we will pray for Sharon tonight and tomorrow....
    Ps. 56:3 "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in you..."
    Show that little girl some of Jesus' love! poor thing....she needs your confidence and to know that you will be there waiting for her when she comes out of surgery...that you will stay with her....
    l

    ReplyDelete