Sunday, March 04, 2012

Today Is The Day

Today is like the day that school's letting out for the summer.  It's Christmas morning.  All the work of preparing to go has led me to this spot where my bags are packed, my passport is in my pocket, and anything I haven't done is going over the waterfall of acceptance.  As this point the faster the plane can take off the better.  Nervous excitement has reduced me to being a giddy 12 year old.  Last time I flew I sandwiched between a massive older German man who communicated through grunting and a sumo wrestler who also didn't speak. Neither of them were capable of conceding me at least one arm rest.  This time i have the freedom of an aisle seat where the only liability is being whacked in the kneecap by the flight attendant as she cruised by with her cart.  Whatever the case, it's a good morning and at 635pm it should be underway.












It's about eight hours to Amsterdam.  I have a few hours layover and then depart for Kigali, Rwanda, which is another eight hours.  Then a brief hop up to Entebbe Airport in Uganda.  I get into Uganda at 1030pm Monday.  We'll stay overnight by the airport and then head to Jinja the next day.  We'll keep you up to date the best we can.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Glenn! I find what you are doing very exciting and inspiring.
    Rob Maki

    ReplyDelete