Monday, December 26, 2011

Intro post...

I wanted a place to capture some of my experiences, a place to put words together and to feel something.  Knowing that I have a trip to Uganda coming up has moved me to create this place so I can document some of the happenings.  But I want a place to write regardless and so let it begin.  

As I write this I realize that it’s a little unnerving to not know my audience.  My internal editor doesn’t know whether to say it more viscerally, more from the gut, or to clean it up, package it, and generally repress the senses for fear of being judged.  But the pleasure in writing is lost almost entirely if it means reporting on fact and events while editing out the well worn neuro pathways of my inner voices.  I need writing as a release valve for my long suffering slow cooker of a disposition.  It’s in writing that my insides knit together.  My thoughts ripen and senses sharpen.  I seem to feel the couch softly but firmly beneath me.  Flesh and spirit glide over one another and I give birth to small pieces of myself.

This isn’t like a book because the first post quickly becomes the last as soon as the next one is added.  So, any attempt to warn the reader not to go any further, save yourself the aggravation, and know that you’ll never get the time it took to read my posts back, is futile.  It will be buried under what I imagine will be a mountain of equally self renouncing posts but it's great to have you here!

1 comment:

  1. A little late to the party, but here I am, looking forward to reading the posts

    ReplyDelete